Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, September 22, 2017

She said "It's a place where healing flows both ways"

I was really honored by this review. It sums up my work here at Apifera, it really does. Thank you to Lisa for writing this and expressing my mission in one sentence: a place where healing flows both ways.

It's been a whirlwind week. I've found a wonderful vet for the elder cats who came on Wednesday. We updated some vaccines and rabies and discussed elder issues...of cats that is. I'm really happy I found her. {And if you want to donate a small amount to help with the vet visit, we send you meds and meows}.

Just a lot of things are percolating. I'm finding that marketing the mission of the 501[c][3] is a really excellent way to hone what our goal is, and isn't. I'm reaching out to people about taking in animals but also am beginning to find contacts to bring special needs people here. And of course, I'm trying to raise money to build a buffer and foundation of finances for us as we go forward, so we have feed/vet care monies, but also can begin to make improvement and plan the third barn to hold more animals.

I realized that people might want to 'see' what my vision is for not only the increased Elder Cat Suite, but also the third barn and how it sits on the existing site. I thought a master plan would help people see what we are wanting to create. The third barn will allow us to have more animals-but as importantly it will free up space in the second barn for better feed storage, hospice suites and more. This month we hope to work on better drainage in the equine area.

How can you help?


  • Write a review-tell people, as Lisa did, of your experience with Apifera, or tell people why you donated money to us in the past
  • Donate
  • Send cat food or other small items
  • Send a letter or item to Rag Tree
  • Share our mission with people in New England in case they have goats/animals that might need a home