Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Amazing news! Amazing! Amazing!

An amazing opportunity just presented itself to Apifera yesterday. It left me walking on air.

We need to build another barn to be attached to the second barn we built last summer. The new barn will allow us to help more elder/special needs creatures, and will also provide better space for quarantine and special situations-like hospice care.

So there I was yesterday afternoon, minding my own business, when the phone rang. I was informed that The J&J Stanley Foundation will match every dollar donated up to $10,000! I did what any professional does, I got weepy.

Isn't it wonderful?? It made me stand tall and feel like,

Wow, I am on the path I'm supposed to be on. And somebody really cares about Apifera's work!

Because we are now also in communication with state animal welfare people who might need a home for neglected creatures, the new barn will help me say 'yes' more.

So our goal is to raise $10,000 which will be matched dollar for dollar. The barn will cost $25-30,000. Please understand too that the Foundation $10,000 will not be submitted to the GoFund site, it will be deposited directly to Apifera, once we meet our funding goal. All your donations are tax deductible.

Once you donate at the GoFund site, and your money clears into the Apifera account, I will send you a receipt for your tax records.

Also, if you prefer to send a check, that is fine. I can add your donation manually-either anonymously or with your name. Checks can be made to Apifera Farm Inc and mailed to 315 Waldoboro Rd, Bremen ME 04551.

I asked the donors what I could do to show my thanks-and of course they graciously told me to just keep doing what I've been doing. But they also wouldn't mind having a chicken or something named after them. I will discuss this with Paco the Poet who has taken on these decisions since The Head Troll departed.