Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, May 15, 2015

You can come to a Virtual Pino Pie Day!



I'm trying something fun and different this year. Pino Pie Day is Sunday, June 14 here at Apifera. It is my main fundraiser to help maintain The Misfits here at the farm. But this year I wanted to have a coinciding Virtual Pino Pie Day-which will run from now until the actual event.

I thought this would be a fun way for people to partake. I have set up both a Facebook event page and a fundraising page with lots of reward levels-you can get a virtual kiss from Stevie, or The Dirt Farmer, a private message from Pino, and more. It takes about $5,000 for me to properly take care of the Misfits. No matter what, the animals are cared for-but very early on, followers of the blog wanted to chip in as more and more needy elders arrived. I am grateful. Everyone gets a reward, unless they request not to.

On the Facebook Event page I'll be posting almost daily right up until June 14-with fun videos, photos, and of course, the infamous Pino Porta Potty Movie [coming soon].

Pino Pie Day is fast approaching. There is a lot going on here, and a lot to do to get ready, as usual. Today I bought local fresh strawberries for the pie-earliest we've had them for a long time! I buy from Munoz Farm, by the way.

So if you can't come to Pie Day, or even if you are, you can enjoy all things Pino Pie at the event page-and if you are in the right place to make a donation at a reward level, visit the fundraising page!