Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Tuesday, March 03, 2015

The donkey has a book mobile!



I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and am finally going to take the leap! Pino and I will be hauling our...er, hauling ourselves into Portland in May to have our first Pino Bookmobile of Love event!

Thanks to a friend of Apifera [and lifetime admirer and girlfriend of Stevie the goat], Pino and I have a place to do a pop-up book event. I mean why shouldn't there be pop-up donkey events. We will be selling our books and Misfit Mail of Love postcards too. I'll probably bring some lavender as well.

But most importantly, Pino will be there doing what he does best-standing politely and oozing patience and donkeyness. Since it is his first event away from the farm, we will be bringing his little sister, Lucia, also who usually gets a lot of attention in her own right.

This event is in the heart of NE Portland. Pino and I worried we weren't hip enough. We rarely get off the farm and when we do, we find we are falling behind in hipster trends. Pino is excited though, he's never met a real live hipster and is hoping some come to his Bookmobile.

I hope this will be the first of many Pino Bookmobiles, and I hope to see some of you there!

Pino's Bookmobile of Love
Saturday, May 9th, 12-3
2008-2112 SE Taggert St
Portland, OR
Rain or shine!