Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, January 19, 2015

The crippled goat revival show



Many things must happen in the barnyard when I am off in slumber. Standing in the barns in the dark shows me that-there are sounds one doesn't hear in the daylight, shufflings of critters from the underworld, scratchings from mice living in roof eaves...it all comes to life after dusk.

I imagine it is best I am not privy to all of it. Best to just dream and know that my crippled Misfits are getting by without me each night. They are a dignified bunch, they carry on without any complaint about their body deformations or bent legs of arthritis. In fact, I have heard music sometimes late into the night coming from their barn. I suspect a dance of some sort where they can dance without human intervention-they do not fear looking foolish, or falling. I hope to have this much dignity as I age. But I'm sure I might not be as stoic.