Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, May 07, 2014

More of the homage series



I have added more to the ongoing "Homage" series on the main site. The Homage series is my way of paying respect to creatures I find that have died or been killed. It is also a valuable lesson for me, and I hope you, in that we can look at creatures closely in ways we aren't able to when they are out in their living world.

Today we pay homage to a pair of little shrews, and a mole. The mole is incredible creature, huge hands that leave remnants of my field. As aggravated s it is to see mounds of dirt in spring, I can't hep but love them.

See more of the Homage Series
Homage to Shrews >
Homage to a Mole >
Homage to White Crested Sparrow >