Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, April 21, 2014

What we see isn't always



I love this photo. I hesitated to put it on–anyone who comes here regularly knows I love blur in photos, for it shows the living quality of the moment it was take–that's my way of thinking of it anyway. It would make a great arty statement if I ever got interviewed about my images, don't you think.

But when I took this photo I obviously didn't intend to cut the head off, or have the entire thing blurry. Still I liked it, and keep looking at it. There is something really lush and emotive about it, to me. This is Henrietta who has the most beautiful chocolate brown coloring and the way the shadow mimics here fluffy chicken underpants profile-lovely.

I was thinking, if this were a painting, with a tile like, "Moment 2050" one might not worry about the blur or the fact the head has been cut off. I don't really know what my point is, I just thought I'd give an audience for this lovely blurry brown headless chicken.