Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, November 14, 2013

Patiently waiting - at least Miss Peach is



As I type, my heart is sort of skipping. The truck with all my new books will arrive some time this afternoon. I don't think I've been this excited since I knew they were bringing little Pino here to live some seven years ago.

I am excited.

I am anxious.

I chat in my head with 'What ifs"...

"What if it looks weird? What if that correction I made didn't get corrected?"

Then I busy myself. Or eat a cookie–okay, first I ate the dough. Chocolate chip cookie dough, from scratch of course, with Apifera eggs. I've been eating raw dough since I was about four and I have been warned repeatedly about the dangers of it- but I can't help it. It is my go-to excitement food. Which is why I freeze the dough immediately after I make it.

Okay, I digress. The books are coming today. This is a feat in and of itself for me. I just want to hold one and see that the birth went well.

It took Miss Peach to remind me that in times like these, one must stop, breathe, get a good perspective for oncoming delivery trucks, and enjoy the view.