Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Soft spots for Pino



There are certain parts of a donkey that I can't resist - most parts, really. I hung out with Pino yesterday and chatted. I've been busy with pigs and pony shelters and fencing of late. I think Pino has enjoyed his time out of the limelight this summer. He has a lot to keep up with as pie Ambassador, healer, and puppet persona and this week we were asked to contribute an article about hi Pie Day for a national magazine. He sighed, and agreed.

"Are you okay with it?" I asked.

"Oh yes, I just know summer is waning now."

I'll let you know all the details before the press date in January.