Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Message from afar



My father was notorious for writing little notes and mailing them - he had letter friends all over the world that he'd met on his business travels.

I was going through old papers looking for something and came upon a card he'd sent me after I'd moved to the farm. While these
past four weeks I've been open to the messages from my mother, here is one that was clearly from my father.

The barnyard is having some kind of parade today to honor of all working animals. The sheep did not participate, since they are busy working in the field. I have no time to partake, and they understand my head is slightly scattered. But that will settle soon.