Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, October 12, 2012

Grande Dame of Pigginess



With Rosie snuggled into her bed in the barn, I ventured out to visit with Big Pig, aka Lucy. She is settling in very well after her initial "I Am Like A Hurricane" rendition of the Neil Young classic.

While the orchard tree cages still are in shambles, Lucy has managed to behave and is understanding the routines here - that the dogs barking doesn't necessarily mean it's her breakfast time but that it mean it's close to breakfast time, and that the front door shutting always precedes the barnyard gate opening and then it is definitely breakfast time.

She is a huge lover. A 500 pound loaf of attention seeking mass. She loves to be petted. I kiss her snout, now that I feel we both are on a more equal playing field.

I am sure Big Pig has much to share with me, and then I with you.