Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, January 16, 2009

What in the world?

Last night I was about to shut the studio down, around 8 pm, so darkness had set. We leave no lights on at the two barns, so when I looked out that way I was shocked at the sight. I stood still for some time. I yelled for Martyn, and he came running after he heard the surprise in my voice. After we composed ourselves, we headed out to the barn.

I knew a camera would not record what I saw or heard, so I recorded as much detail as I could and sat down to illustrate it upon returning to the house. I'm finishing it up now and will post it very soon. Lest you are now alarmed, don't be, all is well.