Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mark your calenders


Guinnias hung out today while I did the semi annual burn pile. He talks sometimes,as you can see here, but I have decided to keep some of his conversations private. I don't want to exploit him, or the other animals, if I can help it.

I have decided to declare February 6th "Guinnias Day" here at the farm. He was most likely born sometime in February or March. That together with the fact that lambing season gets busy, and then of course there's Martyn's 50th in February, and, eh hem, my birthday in March, and Huck's birthday January 31st, and all the donks and sheep and Boone have birthdays in March...so...I thought, why not give the old man a special day In February.

Rather than serving pie, I will be serving only little graham cookies - you know, the ones that look like teddy bears or animal crackers. He adores them. If you'd like to send him some teddy graham cookies or animal crackers, you may do so at "Guinnias c/o Apifera Farm, 14710 NW Tupper RD, Yamhill, OR 97148".