Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Phew, it's over


The chocolate lab named after a pie and the pug with one eye were banished [in their minds] to the house on Pie Day. I had intended to have them out back, so visitors could visit with them if they wanted. But the heat was too deadly for the pug - one must take heat and pugs seriously. Even in the house, I had to water him down a couple times.

After the event, one of our our house guests from Kentucky confessed that he had been sneaking visits into the house to lie flat on the cool cement floor. "I was just trying to survive!" he declared in his Kentucky brawl. That was the quote of the weekend, and when I think of it I laugh out loud. Good memories.

When the last guests had left, Huck and Billy came out to find the grassy area where we all sat sprawled. The first thing Huck did was roll, laugh, and grin. I love that dog. And the pug? He went for the nearest cat poop, tenderly rolled in some Apifera gravel, his favorite sushi combo. I love that dog too.