Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sale ends 6/8

All art that was unsold in the Sale Section has been reduced for one more week. So take a look, sale prices end 6/8. I deleted out all the sold pieces [thank you buyers!] but there are still many nice pieces I really like. Also, if you see a piece on the store site you just have to have, let me know, I can look at the price - but only through 6/8.

Times are tight for everyone I thin. I know many fellow artists seeing a real slow down, myself included. I appreciate the fact that buying art is a commitment, it's not a necessity. SO it is always appreciated when people support my art. Thank you.

We were watching Antique Road SHow the other night and a sketch for a children's book, just a sketch, was valued at $10,000. We mused that, fast forward 100 years, someone will show up at Antique Roadshow with a box of donkey sketches in the form of manuscript/children's book mock-ups. "Do you know anything about the artist?" the host/appraiser will ask. "No, except there is a picture of her in an apron with a donkey." The appraiser will tell her he had to really research to find a woman artist, long dead, who began writing stories about her farm and her donkeys. "She never was published in her lifetime, and she lived out her life continuing to try to get someone to publish her donkey stories." They'll go onto say how charming the stories are, and the woman will share that "my children and grand children have enjoyed them immensely."