Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, July 26, 2007

Kindred Donkey Vibes


Two really nice things happened in the last 24 hours. This helped me get over my angst over a particular major shipping company trashing a major canvas going to my August 3rd show, and put some yang in my yin, or yin to the yang.

One was, while sitting on the porch last nite recounting the day's toils, a car drove up and out popped the very first donkey mother of little Pino Blangiforti - and she was not empty handed. She had a freshly baked pie in her hands to give us, with locally grown cherries...and...the..pie...was..still...warm.

Then, a fellow artist graciously is honoring Pino's Pies by donating all money she might earn from sales of these beautiful photograph/prints she did. Amy Evans has a bit of a donkey hankering herself- I know that hankering, look what happened to me when I had mine after meeting Donkey Dan - So visit the Donkey Dream blog to see where you can buy them and to read more.

Pie, kindness, sunny day.