Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, December 26, 2005

Goats that love me


I spent time with Stella d'Oro and Wild Iris today. I suggested they take a day off from their peace keeping mission to allow themselves the freedom of being goats, just to play and frolic. They agreed. So as I cleaned the barn, they ran up and down the driveways, and in and out of the two barns in wild patterns. It was nice to have the holiday rush over and just be alone with the barn and the goats - everyone was fed and happy, and the sun was out. It was only 30 minutes of my day, but it stayed with me all day. How much I love the goats, and they love me. Yes, they told me this, in fact, they tell me every Monday that they love me. I do not know how they always know it is Monday. But they do.